Truth: I used to SUCK at vacation.
Vacation used to be a source of shame, stress (say what?!) and even embarrassment.
These thoughts used to bombard my consciousness:
- “Is it okay for me to take time off?”
- “Should I work while I’m away so I don’t feel guilty?”
- “Will I be judged for spending money on my happiness and pleasure?”
- “Do I deserve this?”
- “How can I make this vacation perfect??”
I’m happy to say those questions are complete.
Here’s where I’m at after a beautiful time away from wi-fi, texting, social media, and email:
- My body deserved and cherished this time off and I’m more awake and on purpose in my business because of this vacation.
- My relationship deserved this kind of romance and our love has grown leaps and bounds because of the time and attention we put into this 8-day date.
- I let go of expectations and let go of my need for control. Letting go allowed my man to lead me and whisk me away to a gorgeous island so I could relax in my feminine essence without a single masculine business structure to distract me. The need for perfection dissolved because I was present, living in NOW o’clock.
- We turned off our wi-fi and shut down our laptops. Feeling guilty was not an option. I set up boundaries and honored my needs through a simple: “I’m away from email” message-reply system.
I’ve returned now with more energy than ever to support my precious clients.
My ideas got to simmer and grow inside my relaxed state of being.
Today I feel READY, inspired, and energized.
Best vacation ever.
To anyone out there struggling with the concept of vacation and or the possibility of self-care, may this message give you permission to take a guilt free adventure into your relaxed heart and joy…
Because you deserve it.